Here’s a recap of what Visualize Nashua was up to in March, with a preview for April!
- Going Local Campaign – We are hosting the winning idea of the farmers dinner event somewhere downtown in April. We started a second voting round with a May 8 deadline, and the Year-Round Farmers Market has the early lead.
- Greater Downtown Living Campaign – We’re still looking for developers that are interested in building housing in the greater downtown, as well secure residential development opportunities on the Bridge Street site, so that we may crowdsource a market for them.
- Riverfront Promenade Campaign - We re-launched this in March to get 75 Likes in order to provide evidence of a market for this idea, triggering a feasibility study for its implementation.
- Visualize Nashua’s March Meetup – We had an excellent turnout, with a surprise visit from Renaissance Downtowns CEO, Don Monti. The meeting resulted in forward progress toward a year-round farmers market, a park project for the Big Day of Serving, and preparation for the Franklin St. Mill tour.
- The Franklin Street Mill Tour – Franklin Street Mill Tour attendance tripled expectations with 180 people! Collaboration among the attendee’s resulted in developer representative Jack Heaney looking to hold another mill tour for banks and city officials. VizNash held an excellent brainstorming exercise and followed up with an idea page for the Mill, featuring an idea inspired by those championing artist studios..
- March Visualize Nashua Social Hour – The monthly Social Hour was at M.T. Local on Main Street, with about two dozen in attendance and discussion covering the Bridge Street development, farmers market, and the next monthly meetup. Several attendees went out for a group dinner afterwards and extended the discussion regarding farming issues.
- Critical Mass Ride – There were only eight in attendance at the ride which was on a cold afternoon, but the eight made it great! This is a seasonal event and as the weather warms we will start to get a larger crowd rolling down Main Street!
- Monthly Meetup
- Launching of Franklin St. Mill Campaign
- April Viz(Nash) Mob Event (Farmers Dinner)
- Monthly Social Hour